There is a Christian vocational scholarship program for college and seminary students who are active members of First Baptist Church. The scholarship fund was established through a bequest from the family of Alton Salters and it may be increased by additional gifts, bequests, or memorials. Scholarship details are:
The deadline for submitting applications is July 1.
Applications may be obtained by contacting:
First Baptist Church
P.O. Box 4898
West Columbia, South Carolina 29171
Telephone: (803) 791-0700
Fax: (803) 791-1782
The following items are guidelines for the administration of the scholarship program:
- Applicant must be an active member of First Baptist Church of West Columbia, South Carolina. (Eligible for consideration if away attending college or seminary.)
- Only students preparing for a Christian vocation shall be given consideration.
- Scholarships shall be given only to students who need assistance in meeting the cost of college/seminary tuition and fees.
- Student must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college, university, or seminary.
- Scholarships shall be awarded for the junior or senior college students or seminary students.
- Scholarships shall be awarded for the fall and spring terms only.
- Student must maintain a grade point average of “C” or its equivalent.
- Applicant must submit an application and attend a personal interview.
- Student shall be eligible for an annual scholarship of $500, not to exceed five years.
- Scholarships are forwarded directly to the college/seminary.
- A student who leaves Christian vocation shall be required to refund the full amount of scholarship within three years.
Recipients of this scholarship must be:
- A member of First Baptist Church of West Columbia.
- Must establish a financial need for tuition/academic fees.
- Committed to a Christian vocation.
- Classified as a full-time student in an accredited college, university, or Baptist Seminary.
- Must maintain a grade point average of “C” or its equivalent.
- Attend a personal interview.